Why do GrowSurf analytics differ from my other analytics tools?
GrowSurf provides campaign and participant analytics for every referral campaign. However, you may notice that campaign impression counts and participant [unique and total] impression counts differ from the analytics tools that you use.
How GrowSurf tracks analytics
- GrowSurf impressions: An impression is counted when the page is visited and the GrowSurf Universal Code has loaded. A server request is sent, and the impression is recorded.
- GrowSurf unique impressions: A unique impression is counted when the page is visited and the GrowSurf Universal Code has loaded, and if there isn't a GrowSurf cookie already present indicating that a unique impression has been recorded. A server request is sent, and the unique impression is recorded.
Using Google Analytics as an example
Using Google Analytics as an example, GrowSurf and Google Analytics use different, proprietary algorithms. Because of this, you may see different data displayed within GrowSurf and Google Analytics.
GrowSurf has no control as to how Google Analytics produces data, and metrics may vary substantially between GrowSurf and Google Analytics.
The following are potential factors that can affect why you see differences in your analytics tools and GrowSurf:
- Pre-renders. Browser pre-rendering behavior and the accommodations that each platform makes to address pre-renders.
- Security. Cookie privacy, domain policies, and other security settings, as well as the respective workarounds each platform employs to address these.
- Sessions. Session policies and the methodologies used to group and identify repeat visitors across pages and sessions.
- Plugins. Third-party plugins and other browser add-ons reducing the efficacy of a specific tracking code or pixels.
- Listing. Whitelisting and blacklisting influencing results.
- Algorithms. Algorithms used for aggregate calculations.
- Traffic. Anomalies related to burst traffic.
- Tracking. Tracking technologies competing for resources during page navigation.