How can I secure my campaign against fraudsters?
In certain cases, you may have some bad actors who attempt to abuse your referral campaign. Here are some suggestions to combat against fraudsters:
- Set your referral trigger to be Custom Event within the Installation step of the Campaign Editor. This way, referrals will not happen until you programmatically trigger them from your end.
- Set your reward automation level to Manually approve rewards within the Options step of the Campaign Editor. This will ensure that when a participant reaches a reward goal, it will not be unlocked for them until you manually approve their reward (you'll always receive an email notification letting you know when you have a reward to .
- Once you have completed testing for your campaign, make sure to turn your anti-fraud settings to the Strict setting within the Options step of the Campaign Editor (more details here).
- If you have the emails and/or IP addresses, you may also blacklist them (wildcards are supported).
- For adding new participants:
- If you are using the GrowSurf form: Enable reCAPTCHA for your campaign in the Campaign Editor > Options - Automate fraud prevention section.
- If you are using the 'automagic' option or a GrowSurf API: implement an anti-spam/bot measure on your website/web app to verify your users' identities.